London is an old city with historical background thus it prides itself as home to beautiful shops that deal with antique and vintage items, ranging from clocks, watches ancient furniture,collectables just to mention a few.
Antiques are quite expensive especially when they posses a historical value, but the do not necessarily need to be expensive because in London one can find a bargain depending on what you like.
here are the 10 best antique shops that you can visit as well as learn a few things.
1. Micheal Hughes Antiques. – This antique shop is located in Fulham road and deals with quality items all hand selected.
2. The French House. – The antique house deals with artwork, vases,beds, and everything is on offer.This place is superb for people who like old french f furniture.
3. Andrew Nebbet Antiques. – This antique shop deals in items from 1780s to 1960s. The clients include celebrities and designers.
4. Portobello road market – The market is open on Saturdays and is is the mega shopping centre in London for antiques. It specialises in fashion related items.
5. Water House and Dodd. – It specialises in British works of art from the 1880’s to 1940s. It is an ideal place for fine art lovers.
6. Raffetty and Walwyn. – It is located on kensington Church street. It deals with the most gorgeous antique clocks.
7. Hasmal and Whiteway. – Specialises in 19th century British items.
8. Fine art society. – Its the best place to buy fine art. Located at new bond street.
9. Camdem passage Islington. – Mostly open on Wednesday and Thursday.
10. Alfie’s antiques. – It is the biggest shop in London that deals in antiques.