London is a great city and no wonder visitors keep knocking her gates throughout the year. If you are wondering where to visit and what to see here, here are top 10 London historic sites and Places;
– Constructed during the medieval era, this Abbey is where historic occasions such as burial and wedding ceremonies are held.
St Paul Cathedral
– Known for its strong roots in Christianity, central London is the home of the diocese of London in this iconic structure.
– From the 17th Century, this palace still remains intact and once served as residence to the royals.
Hampton Court Palace
– This is another medieval structure that served both as royal residence and prison.
10 Downing Street
– It is the political seat of UK and houses the Prime minister among other key offices.
– This is the home of traditions and attraction to London. It is one of the most iconic sites in the UK.
– Quite a number of British royals call this home and they continue to live here to date.
– This is a famous graveyard where the likes of Karl Marx are buried.
– Queen Victoria grew up here and Princess Diana lived here till her death.
– The first Christian martyr in UK was executed here and his it is a famous historical site.
St James’ Palace
– Since King Henry VIII, this has been the British sovereignty seat and an attraction to London.